#BecauseHeLives :: Easter Message


I love Easter.

It always feels like it comes and goes so quickly, and I don't like that part. I sometimes wish Easter had as much anticipation for people as Christmas does, because Christ's mission on earth would not have been what it was without His Atonement, death, and resurrection. Then I remind myself that with the anticipation comes commercialization, and I realize it's probably best to leave that part out of such an important celebration.

I don't often get churchy on my blog, but since it is my little corner of the internet, I'd like to take a moment to share my feelings about my Savior. If that bothers you, I invite you to skip this post, and wait for the next one. I won't be bothered :)

I know that Jesus Christ suffered for me. He really lived, He really did take all our sins, pain, and sorrow on himself so that we don't have to hurt if we will just give our sorrows over to Him. It might sound pretentious, maybe even naive. Some have even called me a fool.

But I know He lives.

And because He lives, I know I can live too. During this life, I live more fully when I turn to Him in my trials and on bad days, and during those times He comforts me. Sometimes we have to wait the Devil out, and it's always easier with the Lord on our side.

After this life, I know I will live again. Christ was resurrected, and broke the bands of death. Because He was the first, He made the way for all of us to live again after death. My joy cannot be contained when I think of my grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, cousins, friends, and more who I will see again on the other side.

It's all because of Him.

Because of Him, I know my family can be together forever through the power of God. We are bound by His Priesthood, and if we live worthy and always seek Him, we can live together in the Eternities.

It might sound impossible, or idyllic, but I know it's true.

I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that my Savior knows me and loves me. His love permeates every single aspect of my life, every single day. I love Him, and I am grateful for His life, His sacrifice, and His watchful care.

So whether you celebrate or not, I wish you a Happy Easter.
May your heart be full and your home be a place of peace, safety, and joy.

God lives.
Jesus is the Christ.
I love them, and I'm grateful for their plan.

-DC

No comments

Back to Top