Thankful Thursday

Our little family.

Hello lovelies!

As of the moment I write this it is Thursday evening, and it's been a long time since I've done a Gratitude post, so I think I'll take a moment to do so.

This weekend I have the privilege of attending two weddings. One for my husband's favorite cousin, and the other for my brother. Then next weekend we're flying to Utah for my husband's best friend's wedding. Three weddings in two weeks. It's a madhouse in my brain, and I'm not even the one organizing these things.

But the opportunity to attend them, as well as the recent dedication of the Gilbert, Arizona LDS Temple, has been a powerful reminder to me of the promises Brandon and I made when we were married. To love each other, to support each other, to work together for the benefit of our family.

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have Brandon. He's a complete putz, a pest, and sometimes I wonder if he isn't still fourteen years old, but then he turns around and shows a sensitive, caring, adoring side, just before cracking another joke and making me fall in love all over again.

I give him a hard time about coming up behind me to kiss my neck or hold my waist while I'm cooking or doing dishes, but I know he does it because he loves me. When we dance in our kitchen, and then stop to kiss and our four-year-old squeezes his way between us saying, "That's enough guys!" it melts my heart to have Brandon hang on and say, "Hey, we're busy here!"

He's the sweetest man I know, and while he drives me crazy sometimes I would be stupid not to express my gratitude for him. He goes to work every day so that I can stay home with our kids, and even when the dishes don't get done for over a week and the laundry piles up, he doesn't complain when I sit down to write, because he knows how much it means to me.

That's what I'm thankful for this week.
Or rather, who I'm thankful for.
After Monkey's facepalm.

I love you, Brandon.

-DC


What are YOU thankful for today?
Share in the comments! <3

No comments

Back to Top