Nerds, Nerds, Nerds!

Hi there friends!

Today I'm participating in a bloghop for Cassie Mae's new book HOW TO DATE A NERD! Cue pretty cover photo and blurb...

Available Now!
Zoe has a great pair of legs, perky boobs, and wears exactly what she needs to show it all off. She works hard for the easy sleazy ‘you only wish you were me’ reputation, burying who she really is—an all-out nerd.

The only time Zoe gets to be herself is when she hides under her comforter to read X-Men comics, sending jealousy stabs at everyone who attends Comic-Con. Keeping up her popular rep is too important, and she’s so damn insecure to care about the consequences. But when Zoe’s sister takes her car for a ‘crash and burn into a tree’ joyride, her parents get her a replacement. A manual. Something she doesn’t know how to operate, but her next door neighbor Zak sure as heck does.

Zak’s a geek to the core, shunned by everyone in school for playing Dungeons and Dragons at lunch and wearing “Use the Force” t-shirts. And Zoe’s got it bad for the boy. Only Zak doesn’t want Popular Zoe. He wants Geek Zoe.

She has to shove her insecurities and the fear of dropping a few rungs on the social ladder aside to prove to Zak who she really is and who she wants to be… if she can figure it out herself.

So fun, right?

The bloghop is all about nerdiness, and I get to share some of my nerd with you.

The nerdiest thing about me is definitely my love for Harry Potter. Now, I'm not like Cassie (If you read her blog post, you'll see what I mean.) But my husband and I are HP nerds in other ways.

Here are my top ten nerdiest HP facts.

10. Memorabilia: We own all the books both in hardback and audio, and six of the movies (Ultimate Editions, we're waiting for 7-8 to come out), three character wands, a book release poster for book seven, pins of the Howgarts house crests, and HP t-shirts.

9. We play "Hide Harry." (We have a small Harry Potter action figure that we take turns hiding around the house in random places.)

8. We often fall asleep listening to the audio books, and listen to it on roadtrips almost every time.

7. One of the first things our son learned to say was "Wingardium Leviosa."

6. One of the proudest moments of our lives was when said son asked to watch Harry Potter for the first time at age two. *tear*

5. We've both read the whole series multiple times. (Lost track.)

4. I know how to make pumpkin pasties, chocolate frogs, and cauldron cakes.

3. We make wands. No, I'm not kidding. (Colevanders)

2. We hold an annual Harry Potter Party in October, which includes a costume contest and trivia tournament, wizarding food (pumpkin pasties, butterbeer, chocolate frogs, chocolate cauldrons, etc.).

1. Harry Potter played a significant role in our dating and eventual marriage. I've told this story before, back when I was Page Traveler and Brandon was Turner. Read those here: Part One, and Part Two. Harry kind of brought us together.

We owe him so much.


There you have it! We are Harry Potter nerds. Unashamedly.

What's the nerdiest thing about YOU??? Tell me in the comments! I can't wait to hear this...

-DC

No comments

Back to Top