Reading Roadtrip: ARIZONA


WELCOME ROADTRIPPERS TO MY LOVELY STATE!!! I've lived in Arizona all my life (minus 18 months I served a mission for my church) and I LOVE IT.

ARIZONA

State Tree: Palo Verde (it's green, and you can eat the beans)



State Bird: Cactus Wren



State Flag: *AWESOME*



48th state to be added to the United States of America (last of the continental)

Statehood Birthday: February 14th, 1912 (It's not Valentine's day, it's Arizona's birthday.)

State Neckwear:  The Bolo Tie



No, really...



State Song:

(By Rex Allen Junior)

State Flower: Saguaro Blossom



State Fossil: Petrified Wood (very pretty stuff)



Now that we've covered the basics, I'd like to give away an ebook by a local author, Janette Rallison (found on twitter @janetterallison)

I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of her until a couple weeks ago, but I just picked up one of her YA books and I am LOVING IT.

So, that's the book you get to win.

Blue Eyes. And Other Teenage Hazards



*****

Cassidy knows everything about Chad--everything, that is, except how to get him to notice her. Someday, somehow, she vows, those deep blue eyes are going to look her way. In the meantime, she's got plenty of other things to worry about.

Cassidy has always been happy to be the studious, reliable type--until Elise and her good-looking brother move into the neighborhood. Elise is determined to introduce Cassidy to the partying life. But will Elise's Carpe Diem ways land Cassidy in more trouble than she's prepared for? Can a girl be smart and have fun too? Cassidy is about to find out.

*****

WOOO! So fun!

Leave a comment to enter and I'll draw the winner tomorrow!

Good luck, and thanks for stopping by Arizona!

-DC

No comments

Back to Top