Attitude of Gratitude


Hi there friends :)

Today's post is going to be short, probably... well, maybe not. Knowing the tendency I have to ramble.

Anyway...

I have been crazy busy (<-- my signature phrase) for the last month or so. This past week has probably been the worst. Some of it is self-inflicted (revisions) but other things are necessity (reading subs, laundry, dishes, making sure my kids survive the day... you know, normal stuff.)

But I had a little moment the other night. I sat down on the couch with my laptop to dive into revisions, knowing my two sweet boys and my incredibly loving and supportive husband were sound asleep in the other rooms, and I felt thankful.

Publishing is hard. It is a business with absolutely no guarantees, no promises, and most of the time little return. But I can't tell you how much my life has been blessed by the wonderful people who are part of this business. I have friends from all over the world, of every race, religion, and gender, and each and every one of them has been nothing short of amazing.

I sometimes complain about how busy life is and how I wish I didn't have to sleep because I could be SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE... but the truth is this:

I have it pretty good.

I'm not published yet, I haven't even queried. My first MS was dear to me, but it was in no condition to see the light of day. This new one... I think I have a chance.

Part of me hates to get my hopes up, but the other part CAN'T HELP HOPING. I'm a dreamer. I'm constantly living out scenarios in my head. Getting the call. Signing the contract. Getting the deal. Interviews. Publicity. Etc. etc. etc...

Side note: I dream BIG.

And you know what, I really truly look forward to those things. If they come, I will be as ecstatic in real life as I am in my daydreams (my poor kids probably think I'm schizophrenic :-/ ) and if they don't come, I'll live. Because even now, this journey has been worth it.

I hope it's worth it for you too.

-DC

No comments

Back to Top