Gimme a Break


Hi there friends!

I feel like it's been a while since I've just... blogged. So here I am... blogging.

And you know what? This is my FOUR-HUNDREDTH POST.

*cue @SarahLBlair's confetti cannon*
*BOOOOOOOOMMMM* 

I feel like I should've done something extra-super-fun for my four-hundredth post, but I've been doing so much crazy lately I just wanted to sit and "chat" on this one.

Let me tell you -- I've had a lot going on. I donated wands to an auction and got them sent out, I had a dance concert, I outlined SUMMON, I donated critiques for Kate Brauning's Blog Party, and I just got back notes from CPs on TARGET.

I have even MORE coming up soon...
I always have something waiting to be read for Entangled, I'll be blogging twice a month for The Bookshelf on various things I've learned as a writer and intern, I'll be judging entries for #QueryKombat at the end of May/beginning of June, I'm participating in Carey Torgensen (@CareyTorg)'s #SekritProject (which I have a good start on already), AND...



***WAIT FOR IT***



I've been asked to join the YAvengers!!!!!

Patience pays off, folks.

I'll be blogging as Thor of Asgard, which I am almost giddy about for a number of reasons, not the least of which are A) I have a good friend named Thor (seriously, I do, real life) and B) Thor's girlfriend in the movies has a best friend named DARCY. Spelled *wrong* of course, but -- (!!!!!) Avenger-Thor is a completely different character from my normal personality, so I'm really looking forward to getting into his head. Should be fun.

All this craziness, of course, is alongside my first-priority-duties of housewife, mother, home-school-teacher, and church choir director. You wanna know what this makes me? Super Woman. Just ask my husband. He'll tell you. Super Mommy. Super Wife. Super Writer.

But you know what? Even Super Woman needs a break.

Since I deserve a good break, I'm going to surprise my husband with a getaway soon. We'll leave the kids with a sitter and take off for a couple nights, free of responsibility. I've wanted to do this for a while, especially since our 5-year-anniversary plans were foiled by a snowstorm last December. I heard about a good deal from a friend, and I'm looking into it. Don't tell Brandon though. It's a secret. (He never reads my blog unless I tell him to, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe *wink wink*)

Anyway, if you've got a lot on your plate lately, make sure you give yourself some free time. You deserve it too.

-DC


No comments

Back to Top