NEWS of a SORT

Hi friends!

So, I know I freaked you all out on April Fools Day, so let me just start by saying this is NOT agent-y news. I repeat: I DO NOT HAVE AN AGENT. So don't get all mad at me, okay? Okay.



Moving on.

A month or so ago, I became friends with the amazing Kate Brauning (@KateBrauning) on Twitter. I immediately latched on to her as someone I could learn from. (Seriously, I'm starting to wonder why she hasn't put a restraining order on me yet.) At the time, she had two internships, and had just hired two assistants to help with some of her personal work so she could be more efficient in her time. She was kind and gracious about answering questions, and has a wealth of knowledge that I've already learned so much from.



A couple weeks into this beautiful new friendship, I asked her how she'd come to be an intern. She explained her process and said she'd look for openings for me to apply to. A week or so ago, she got interviews with TWO publishers for PAID positions! And she said she might be able to put in a good word if I maybe wanted to take her place in one of the internships. I was so excited for her interviews, I thought about them all day Friday. I can't even begin to tell you. If anyone deserves it, she does. THEN she DM'ed me yesterday, and the conversation went something like this (I'm paraphrasing):

Kate: So. Still want an internship?

Me: DOES THIS MEAN YOU GOT THE JOB?!?!?

Kate: Yes! And I told my editor about you and she said she'd take you!

Me: *DIES*


DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?????



I am excited beyond measure to announce that I am officially an Editorial intern for Entangled Publishing!!!

I'll be working with the lovely Theresa Cole ( @TheresaMCole ). Who, by the way, has the BEST last name in the history of last names.

Obviously.

I can't even tell you guys how excited I am. I'll get to learn from some of the best people in publishing, and do what I basically am already doing! The only sad news is that I may have to cut back on CP reading. Meaning, I'd probably only be able to read a MS once instead of going through multiple revisions. I don't know how my critique partners are gonna feel about that, but I promise I'll do my best to continue helping you guys in any way I can!

*WHEW* I'm reeling from this. I never in a million years thought it would happen this way, but I'm so grateful it did. And I can't wait to get started!

Until next time, readers!

-DC

*commence happy dance*

No comments

Back to Top