Gratitude 7.0

(Actually, I'm not sure which number this is, but I figured seven was a good guess.)

Hello my lovely friends!

The last couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster for me. But in between all the craziness there were moments of pure awesomeness. And those moments are what I want to focus on.

Moment One:
My husband coming home from his camp out. He was so excited to share stories about what he did and who he met and what he got, and THEN! Then he shaved off his two months worth of hair and beard and I got to see his face again! It was fantastic.

Moment Two:
I guess this isn't really a moment, but Monkey and Ribbit have been amazing lately. They'll have little meltdowns here and there, but for the most part they're really good kids and I'm so grateful they're mine.

Moment Three:
I got to hang out with a few friends from my mission, two of which I haven't seen in almost six years. It was wonderful to remember, and catch up. I formed so many close relationships during that time, and I'm so glad they're still my friends.

Moment Four:
At the aforementioned get-together, we went around and told a little about what we're up to now-a-days, and I took a deep breath and said, "I'm a stay-at-home-mom, and a Writer." *dun dun duuuunnnnn* I dread doing this, because it totally depends on the company to react, and let me tell you, these wonderful people reacted in just the right way! I felt so validated and encouraged. And when one of them was leaving she said, "You're gonna be famous! We'll be able to say 'we knew her!'" And I swear to you, I smiled the rest of the night.

Moment Five:
I finished Draft Zero of TARGET.
'Nuf said.
And no, you may not read it because it's not ready for readers yet. I will inform you when it is.
Thank you.

So, there's my moments of gratitude for today. I love doing this every so often, because it helps me remember that I really do have so many blessings in my life. No matter how hard things get, there is always something good.

What are YOU grateful for today?

Thanks, for reading, guys.
*high fives*

-DC

BONUS MOMENT!!!

I woke up today and went like this:



BECAUSE OF THIS!!!!!
CHESSIE HAS A BOOK DEEEEEEEEAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT'S MY CP!!! BEING PUBLISHED BY HARPER COLLINS!!!!!!!!

No comments

Back to Top