Bravery

Hello Lovelies!

I came across an old mix cd from my best friend the other day. I popped it in, and when track five came on, I got a knot in my stomach. It was a reminder to me of a lot of craziness that's been going on in the Online Writing community lately.

Writers are generally a pretty private bunch. We're introverted a lot of times. Not because we don't like people, (though that sometimes is the case) but because we'd just rather be writing. Even so, we face a lot of rejection.

A LOT.

And we deal with a lot of crap. This goes for writers at every stage of the journey, as well as agents and editors. Everyone gets rejected. Everyone gets screwed. Everyone has terrible days.

But you know what? We keep going. We keep writing. We keep getting online top build a platform. We keep putting ourselves out there no matter what.

Because we have to. Because the idea of seeing our name on a beautiful book on a stranger's shelf is...
indescribable.

So we put our work out there. We put ourselves out there. And we get hurt. But you know what? It's worth it.

Every day, we jump into the fire. Sometimes we come out fine, sometimes we get burned.

But we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't try.

This is an old music video, and not the best quality. I wish I could've found the live audio version (which is the one I have on the cd) because it's so much more powerful. But I hope this does it justice.

This is for all my writer friends who have ever faced the fire, stared it down, and won.
Which is to say, all of you.


-DC

2 comments

Back to Top