Reviews & Resolutions


Before I say anything else, I would just like to draw your attention to the little number on the left sidebar, where it says that I currently have 97 blogger followers! And as soon as I hit 100 I'll do a contest. It'll be fun, probably a flash fiction deal (because I LOVE those) and I'll do three prizes... more details to come! So tell your friends!!!


Great, now that's out of the way, let's move on. Or rather, look back.

2012 was an interesting year for me. It was amazing in some ways, and really rough in others. I was pregnant for the first nine months, and then had a newborn for the last three (still adjusting to that, btw). I re-wrote my novel, gained and lost some CP's, read about a billion-and-one manuscripts / published books, paid off our car, moved to a bigger place, went on lots of family trips, and had an all around fantastic time!

As for 2013, I have high hopes. At the same time, my stomach is knotting up just thinking about all the things I want to do. Priority-One is always my family. That means getting us all settled into some kind of routine that includes getting B and I to the Temple more often, getting outside more, family scripture study, eating dinner together, and less television for the toddler. I think I'm nearly there... we're still living on corn dogs and mac-n-cheese some days, but I DO make dinner about twice a week... so there's that....

Number two is writing. I've discovered that I'm very one-track-minded about these things. If I'm writing, I've got. to. write. I can't read anything, and I can barely keep the house clean once I'm in a groove. I've just got to get it done. But once it's done, I can pay attention to other things. Do you think B would probably be more amenable to this behavior if I gave him a heads up when I was about to dive in? *side-eyes husband*

Same thing with reading, which is number three. I'm quite proud of having read so many books in the last month, because I didn't think I could. But it took not writing a single thing (except on #WriteClub nights) and neglecting my housewife duties... which I don't usually neglect while reading.

Besides those three things I'm seriously doing my best to cut out all other distractions from my life. I haven't watched any of my favorite TV shows in weeks, very few movies, and very little social interaction outside of other writers.

Let's face it. I'm basically a hermit.

The goal is to NOT be a hermit, but to WRITE ANYWAY.

*nods*

What are your plans for 2013?

-DC

No comments

Back to Top