#GracoSafety Car Seat Review

If you don’t know already, I’m a mom of two awesome little boys. Ribbit is now eight weeks, and Monkey will be three years old in December.  So when my friend Jenna told me about an opportunity to get a free car seat, I was all OVER that.



Here’s how it went down. Last week I went to a little gathering put on by the SITS girls. An awesome gal named Kelly hosted, and told us all about the new Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 car seat.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any photos AT the party. Honestly, I was having FAR too much fun talking to the other moms and getting contact information and such. It was really great to get to hang out with other blogging moms.


Kelly took some time to tell us about the Click Connect 40 car seat, telling us that it’s the only car seat specifically designed for kids from birth to forty pounds, REAR-FACING. That is a big deal. The AAP changed the “rule” a year or so ago. You used to be allowed to put a child in a forward facing car seat at age one, or twenty pounds. Now it’s age two, or forty pounds. And since kids get pretty long by age two, it’s hard to find a good, safe, car seat that is still comfortable for them at that age. This seat looks like it’ll work perfectly for that, with an adjustable base, and even a little foot plate to keep kids’ shoes off of the seats.

It’s a very smart design. The only problem I had with it personally, was that it’s a little difficult to install the base compared to other seats I've used. I’m hoping it’s something that one can get used to over the course of using it. Also, I only used it for my infant, but I worry that the adjustable base wouldn't have much room to move in our little car.

Overall, it’s a safe, simple, smart, car seat. I’m interested to see what other moms think of it!

-DC

Graco's blurb:


The Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 – the first and only newborn to two-year infant car seat that actually grows with your baby from four pounds all the way up to 40 pounds. The car seat is designed for a parent on the go. The infant car seat can be easily removed from the base and used as a carrier when the infant is small, providing portability and convenience so you can easily move your infant in and out of the car without disturbing them.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recently made the recommendation to keep all children in rear-facing car seats until the age of 2. Graco set out to make this product so parents can keep infants rear facing longer while still keeping them comfortable.

*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graco. The opinions and text are all mine.*

No comments

Back to Top