Character Interview: Gunnar

Hi there awesome readers!

Possible representation of Gunnar...
Today I'd like to introduce you to Gunnar. He's a pretty awesome guy. Average height, thin but strong, curly blonde hair and bright green eyes. He sings, plays guitar, and has a major crush on Kolina.

******************

Hi Gunnar, thank you for meeting with me.

No problem. What can I help you with?

I’m a friend of Kolina’s. I’m writing a book about her journey, and I wondered if I could ask you a few questions?

Sure.

I do need you to be honest with me, or it won’t work, alright?

Yeah, I can do that.

Great. Can you tell me about how Kolina was before she found out she had the Sight?

She was always very guarded. Even with those closest to her she never really let her guard down. She’d be honest, but it was always hesitant, like she was afraid of being judged. I don’t really blame her though, I mean I was one who laughed at her along with the rest of the kids on the farm at first.

Do you regret that?

Of course. I just thought she was being funny, I had no idea she was serious.

What did you do when you found out she was hurt by your actions?

Nothing at first. I was only eleven, so I didn’t think it was a big deal. Just went on with my chores and stuff. It wasn’t until a few years later when I realized she’d changed. 

The real-life inspiration for Gunnar
*** a bit later***

I feel like we’ve been talking about Kolina a lot, even though I wanted to get to know you…

*laughs*

Is that significant?

Yes, I’d say so.

So everything you do, everything you are, revolves around her, doesn’t it?

*pauses* Yeah, I guess it does.

Can you expound on that a little?

Well, we’ve been friends forever. I can’t remember her not being around. All the choices I’ve made, especially since I was 14, revolved around making her happy.

You've definitely used your music to that end. When did you learn to play guitar? I thought battle skills were the most important in this area?

One of the old men on the farm had a guitar. His joints started to bother him so badly that he had to stop playing. So I asked him if he could teach me with his guitar. I was… nine, I think? Really young still, but I’m glad I started when I did. He passed away just a year or so ago, and left his guitar to me. It was bittersweet.

I can imagine. Thank you, Gunnar. Would you mind if I came to visit you again if I have more questions?

Not at all. Come back any time.

Thank you.

*****************

What do you think of Gunnar?

-DC

P.S. Check out the Typelings blog again today to meet a couple more of us! And you'll see yours truly today ;-)

No comments

Back to Top