Thankful Thursday

It's been a while.... I mentioned on Tuesday that I've been really "out of it" lately, and I realized that I haven't been expressing gratitude. It's always been a hard thing for me to remember to do, but I truly believe what this quote from Marci Shimoff says, that "Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life."

Our family, 2010
Gratitude is part of Faith, and Faith requires belief and action.

I believe that I can write a book and get an agent, and be published.

........when I type that, I don't think I really believe it.

But I've had some seriously amazing experiences in this area recently, and I'm writing this post to remind me that it works...

See, if you'd told me two years ago that I'd be living where we are now, I don't think I'd have believed you. We went from a tiny one-bedroom apartment into a three-bedroom that's nearly two thousand square feet. And we can AFFORD it!

This is a miracle to me. And it happened because I started being grateful for the little one-bedroom place we had, AND told myself that we were deserving of a better place. I focused on that. I didn't really believe it at first, but I came to. And then, literally out of nowhere, it happened.

On the writing front, I'll say this: I've written a novel. It needs work, but I DID IT. And you know what, I have like TEN other ideas for books I want to write. My mind is overflowing with them. I love writing. It's hard sometimes, but I truly enjoy it.

Along with that, I've been blessed with amazing CP's and Beta readers, as well as incredible friends who are supportive and encouraging. I have a loving husband who believes in me, and a son who loves me, not to mention another little boy I'm about to bring into the world, who I hope loves me as much as I already love him.

I have a lot to be grateful for. I just need to remember that on the hard days.

What are YOU grateful for this week?

-DC

No comments

Back to Top