Be Inspired

Boy, these things sure make for easy blog posts...

Hello my awesomely fantastic readers!

Today I'm excited to participate in the Be Inspired Bloghop Meme. Thanks to Amanda for tagging me!

Here's how it works... I get to answer ten questions about my Manuscript, then tag some other people to answer the same questions. Since we all love talking about our WIP's, this should be fun!

1. What is the name of your book? THE SIGHT

2. Where did the idea for your book come from? Initially, it came out of nowhere. I decided one day I'd like to try to write a book, and I started writing. A lot of the inspiration for where it went though, came from my friend Ashley, who wants to work for Disney as a princess but has been turned down a few times because she's short (4'11''). So I decided my story was going to be about a really short princess.

3. In what genre would you classify your book? Fantasy... Young Adult Fantasy, definitely.

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition of your book, who would you choose? I'd choose Ashley to play Kolina (she is an actress, she does a lot of stage shows), and maybe... one of the Sprouse boys to play Gunnar... or someone like them. I had a hard time finding young blonde boys, especially ones with curly hair. I would love for Dusan to be played by Jim Broadbent - he'd be perfect. And Ian Holm as Grampa Ton. Other than that, it would be a matter of finding the right person for the part.

5. Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book. Kolina, discovering she possesses magic and is heir to a neighboring kingdom, must follow a vague prophecy to reclaim her family's throne and save her people from oppression.

6. Is your book already published? Not yet :-D

7. How long did it take you to write your book? First full draft took five months, plus 3-4 months of polishing and editing. I'm actually in the process of re-writing it entirely because I feel like I've grown so much as a writer since I finished, AND I had some new CP's point out some very heavy flaws in the story that needed addressed, and required a huge overhaul of the work.

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? (Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?) My first reaction would be to say ERAGON, mostly because I haven't read much else that compares to what I'm attempting with THE SIGHT. I'm creating an entire world like Paolini did.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book? David Eddings played a big part, his Belgariad and Mallorean series are my favorite books ever. Also my friend Hero London, who has written many books and is working on getting published. Lastly, of course, J.K. Rowling is amazing with the way she weaves together her incredible world. There are more, but those are the big ones. :-)

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book? It has a strong, very relate-able, heroine, a hero who is humble and determined, and a really fun cast of characters to help them along the way.

TAG!

Hero London (DO IT!)

Heather Marie

Tamara AKA Feaky Snucker

Amber Mauldin

Dahlia Adler

Y'all better do it, because I want to hear about your MS's!

-DC

No comments

Back to Top