Holy Burn-out, Batman!

Happy Friday friends!

Has it really been a whole work-week since my video? I feel like I've gotten nothing done, which is not really true. I've been super-mom this week, just not super-blogger-writer-mom. I've done some unpacking, and kept the house clean-ish, and tried to be consistent about disciplining my two-year-old, and I think I've finally figured out a way to get him to nap consistently in his new room. That's a lot.

I want to talk to you today about something that's been weighing on me a little. See, I've been working on THE SIGHT for over a year now, and I still don't feel like it's where I want it to be. I thought I had it pretty close this last time, but after sending it to some new eyes (some very smart and insightful new eyes) I realized just how far I have to go.

So I've decided to put it down for a little while and work on something else. I really wanted to start querying THE SIGHT this summer, but it's going to take a while longer before it's ready. Sad, but true.

All in all, I just feel like I need a break from it. I need to write something completely different for a few weeks, do some reading and editing, and then I think I'll be able to jump back in with a clear head.

Have you ever gone through a phase like this? I really love revising, and getting feedback, but I've been at it for so long it's just starting to take it's toll.


What do you do when you feel burnt-out on a project?

I'd love your thoughts, maybe they'll help boost me back into revision-mode :-)

Have a great weekend!

-DC


P.S. A big shout-out today to Todd Chapman and Marieke Nijkamp for your awesome thoughts on my book these last couple of weeks. I know the changes will make it stronger, I just have to work myself up to basically an entire re-write of at least the first half, if not more!

No comments

Back to Top