Time-Out

I am addicted.

There. I said it.

I am online (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Gmail, Pinterest) FAR too much. It's really ridiculous. I should be much farther along in my revisions than I am, and have read many more books than I have so far this year. Yet, when I'm bored, what do I do?

Dink around on the internet.

...For shame...

I hereby pledge to spend only TWO hours a day online. Rather than the fifty-some-odd I have been doing. (Wait, not that many hours in a day... see? My brain is fried...). When I am bored, I will read a book, do my chores, or EDIT my manuscript. Those are my options. Because if anything is EVER gonna happen with my writing career, it will involve me being diligent and meeting goals.

Speaking of which, I should set a date for when I'll try to have all these edits done. Deadlines help me a lot. Lets say April 30th. (Betas and CP's, that means I need your notes ASAP please!) By the end of April I will have revised from all beta and CP critiques, and gone through on my own to polish and cut. That way, by May 2nd (my Mommy's birthday) I can send it to my Mom and let her read it. Which, in the entire year I've been working on it, she hasn't gotten to do yet.

I digress.

What helps you be productive? I know we need to build a platform and such, but the writing has got to take precedence, right? Is it just me, or is everyone some level of social networking junkie?

Scale of 1-10 (10 being completely addicted), I'm seriously at like an 8.5...

Any tips?

-DC

No comments

Back to Top