Too Many Ideas?

Wow! In the last three days I've had two new ideas for novels pop into my head... both inspired from one of my young cousins.

I guess it helps that I've been sick, so I'm really not cleaning the house or cooking or anything basically because I feel so miserable...

I really should be editing my WIP, but I HAD to get these ideas down.

One is a YA mystery story which I'm not sure I could pull off, but I really liked the idea... the other is another YA fantasy tale that I've even started outlining and I'm going crazy now trying to figure out how it's supposed to end...

I really want to start querying, but I can't query until my WIP is polished... which it's not... and I keep getting distracted by sickness, new ideas, Monkey, house chores, and life in general!

Fellow writers, how do you focus your creative energy? I obviously have some, since I'm getting new ideas all over the place, but I need to buckle down and get my FIRST WIP done before I let myself get swept away by other ideas...

Thoughts?

I need help!

-DC

No comments

Back to Top