Once Upon a Time...

Isn't that how every great story starts?

Or should a great story begin with, "It was a dark and stormy night..."?

Or maybe, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

... or "Concerning hobbits..."

Today, I'd like to know what your favorite story is, and please tell me it's opening line. We're talking chapter ONE - no prologues please.

And you're welcome to share a few! I'd love to hear what kinds of books my readers like to read!

As for me, I'm working my way through Return of the King and am hoping to do a little review sometime next week. I'm only a few chapters in, but I've started reading with the intent of learning how to write. A lot of little thoughts have occurred to me as I've done this. I'm very excited to share!

In the comments, please tell me the title of your favorite book, and quote the first line of Chapter One.


I'll start... my favorite book series is (NOT Harry Potter, but) The Belgariad, by David Eddings. The first book of which is called, Pawn of Prophecy. The first line says:

The first thing the boy Garion remembered was the kitchen at Faldor's Farm.


I love it.

What's yours?

-DC

No comments

Back to Top