Monday, Monday...

Yesterday we got to go see the newest member of our family.

Introducing, baby Rhyat (like Wyatt, but R)
Born 2-10-12 at 4:30am.

After over 40 hours of labor and four hours of pushing alone, this sweet little angel came into the world via Turner's younger sister. I am so proud of her for being so strong during her labor. Her heart rate never rose above normal, nor did Rhyat's. Both are healthy and happy after a successful, albeit long, home birth.

We found out last week that our insurance will only cover midwives who do hospital births. Luckily, I have a couple friends in the homebirthing community who recommended a specific hospital that is very natural-birth- and Midwife-friendly. It's a bit of a drive, but I feel like it will be worth it to have the kind of birth I want.

Holding that tiny new baby was incredible. It's astounding to think that we, as mortal, imperfect beings are loved so much by our Father in Heaven that He has given us such a sacred gift and responsibility: that of giving life to another spirit, and caring for it during the beginning of its mortal existence.

Our new camera came Saturday, so my pics will
soon be way awesomer than this.
I love my little Monkey boy, and I couldn't be more excited to meet our new addition come this September. I'm eleven weeks, and baby Dos is now about the size of a fig; just over 1 & 1/2 inches from head to bottom. It's amazing to me how quickly they grow when they're that tiny.

<---- Monkey actually did this on his own the other day. He climbed up on top of the chair and laid down on the blankets. He does the cutest things lately... well, he's always done the cutest things. We took him to the Renaissance Festival on Saturday, but that's worth a post of its own :-)

What kids do you have in your life? Whether your own, or nieces, nephews, friends' kids, etc, what are some of the things that surprise you about little kids?

Happy Monday!

-Darci

No comments

Back to Top