Here Goes Nothin'...

This blog began as a reading/writing project. It still serves that purpose, but I feel like it has given me a bigger view of my future as a writer. 

Because of that, as I mentioned yesterday, I've been thinking a lot about changing it to showcase my name. From the comments I received from fellow writers (and the fact that I DON'T want to have a pen name or alias) I've decided to do it.

After some research and a little interrogation of an awesome-web-master-friend (Adrian, at Life Before the Bucket) I now know the easiest way to make it happen.... however, the easy way costs money... and we don't have money to spare at the moment........

SO! The ever amazing Turner has helped me figure out a less-easy, though still effective enough way to do it. It'll take a bit of work, but I think we can make it happen. Turner put it nicely last night when he said,

"You've gotten near the top of a mountain and realized you're on the wrong one. So go find the right one, and climb it."

I agree. I started this blog with the intent to be a blogger, not a writer. Now, I'm a writer, and I need a professional "writer" blog. The only thing is, I'm definitely going to need YOUR help. Once I have it ready, I'll let you know here, and ask you to pretty please go to my new blog and become a follower! You all are such great followers, and I'm seriously so blessed to have come as far as I have in the last year... now I get to do it all over again!


To this end, the following new URL is my new "I'm-a-way-awesome-writer" blog:


Go ahead, click on it... it's still under construction, so don't judge, but you're welcome to have a little look-see.

I had other available options, but I have a feeling this is the one... it's the easiest and most obvious.


I feel like this change is a big step somehow, like I'm "coming out"... maybe that's a bad example, but I hope you understand what I mean. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings for all of us. 


-Darci


P.S. 
SHOOT! Now I need a tag line! Morgan! You were great at making those up for yourself, can you think of some for me and we'll vote on them? Haha!

No comments

Back to Top