Compliments Matter

Last week I sent my current Work in Progress out to three beta readers.

I'm still waiting to hear back from two of them, and the first is working on notes to send me, but the first to finish sent me an email on Sunday that made me feel like I'd just signed with an agent. Here it is:

So I've just finished reading SIGHT and I am going crazy! I want more!!!!! It was absolutely fabulous. I was not bored at all. I am working on notes to send you, but I wanted you to know that I finished it and loved it and need the next book! I feel honored you would trust me with this. I can tell you've worked really hard since it is so fabulous. I'll send you my notes soon.


Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!! I seriously smiled for the rest of the day, and was in the best mood EVER! 


Also, I've been working with the Amazing Red Headed Morgan Shamy to perfect my query letter. I want it to be the best it can be, (as with my Manuscript) and she's like, a query queen. I'm so blessed that she's agreed to help me with it. As we've gone back and forth over the past week or so, I've started to see how to find the weak/awkward spots in a query and fix them. Her last email to me said:


Yessss... now we're talking! This is definitely your best version so far. 


(a couple of notes on things she liked and some to change followed by,) 


See? So many good things in here! Go, go, Darci! *waves pom poms* 

:D


Honestly, I think I've felt better about being a writer in the past week than I have in the past year I've been doing it. Receiving constructive criticism as well as compliments makes me feel like I'm doing something right and I'm not just putzing around. 


How do you feel when someone compliments you or your efforts?


I love it... It makes me want to work even harder.


-DC

No comments

Back to Top