Writer Wednesday

Well, I'm currently working on a project that I've been putting off for a long time. I've done this because I wanted to write as much as possible (to get myself some experience) before tackling this story.

So far, it has a lot of action. It has a lot of very distinct, deep, characters.  It has a lot of history.

The history itself could be a book on it's own...

I'm nervous to start writing, because I really want to do well on this one.

I've been outlining, and I got stuck on a plot point. I mentioned it on Twitter, and one of my awesome Twitter/Writer friends, Ryan Dalton, offered his assistance.

I'm SO glad he did.

This story is like, a comic book in novel form. It's a super hero story. And Ryan is VERY into super heroes.

(Shhh... don't tell anyone, he IS a super hero... Check out his blog at RyanDaltonWrites.com)

Anyway, his thoughts - being a writer AND a super hero - helped a lot. I knew that the point I'd gotten stuck on was a turning point in the story, but I just wasn't sure how to put it into words. He totally did.

Now that I've got that part somewhat voiced in outline form, it's a matter of letting the hero be the hero. You know, save the day, get the girl, live happily ever after... right?

I'm very excited.

So, I've got two questions for you... If you were reading a book about a group of super heroes: 


1. What kind of things would you expect to see? 


2. What kind of things would you like to see be different from other hero stories?

If I had to compare this story to others, I'd say it's a combination of Spiderman, Power Rangers, Bourne Identity... Probably others too, but I can't remember them right now. Turner might be able to add to the list.


Your input and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for traveling!

- Darci - The Page Traveler -

No comments

Back to Top