Tasty Tuesday

Pizza.

This is NOT my pizza, but it is a good likeness.
I was lame and forgot to take pics.
Anyone who knows me should have seen this coming.

Of course my first official food post is gonna be on pizza. Duh!

I am a creature of convenience... especially while I don't have a lot of room in my kitchen. I like to use as few dishes as possible, and make as little mess as possible. I'd been searching for a while for a pizza dough that had the following qualities:

1. fast (like, doesn't take two days to rise, so I can make it right when I want it instead of having to think ahead.)

2. easy (not too many ingredients, not multiple bowls)

3. tasty (um, obviously...)

And I think I've found it.

TA-DA!

Great Value Brand Pizza Crust Mix!

I know, I know, I shouldn't be supporting Wal-Mart, they're a giant and they're ruining our communities... I know. I'd rather shop somewhere else, but Wal-Mart is closest and again - most convenient.

Anyway, this little mix is only like, 68 cents or something. Every time I go I get four or five. I'd say one pizza can nearly feed two adults... it depends on how you make them... Let me explain...

You can make it thin crust, where you get a medium-ish sized pizza with your average 8 slices,
OR
you can make a deep dish, (in like a pie or round cake pan) where you'll get four slices of a heartier, more filling pizza.

We prefer Deep Dish.

The mix takes literally six minutes to make. One for mixing, and five to let it sit and rise a bit. Then you spread it out on the pan. (If you're doing thin crust, you have to pre-cook the crust for five minutes.) Then apply toppings and you're off!

Our most recent favorite deep dish toppings are (from the bottom up):

Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni (like an entire layer - completely covering everything)
M Cheese
Pepperoni
M Cheese
A little sprinkling of Parmesean Cheese
A bit of pepper.

It makes for one cheesy tasty pizza. And I love it.

Bon Appetit!

- Darci - The Page Traveler -

---------------------------

Q4U - What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you prefer deep dish, or thin crust, or something else?


*My FAVORITE crust is Pizza Hut's pan crust, but I haven't been able to duplicate it yet... working on it.

No comments

Back to Top