Changing It Up


Alrighty. I have an idea that may just save me as far as that whole, "posting-every-day" thing is concerned. My main dilemma was the fact that I just haven't had much lately in the way of inspiration for posts. But I had a light bulb moment last night (thanks to the Big Man upstairs) that I think will really make a difference.

Our family, 2010
See, I felt very strongly last night while praying, that I need to focus my energies on a certain story idea I've been tossing around in my head for months. In the moment, I felt like completely ditching the blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, and I was totally okay with it at first. 

The more I think about it, however, the more I feel that limiting my time would be a better exercise in dedication. I know I can do it, because I've done it before. The light bulb idea will really help with this...

From here on out, each day of the week will have a "theme" or a writing prompt, if you will. This is to give me somewhere to start in my thinking. If I have something else I want to talk about, I'll ignore the prompt. But I think it will help me a lot and be fun too :-) So here's the new setup:

"Love Mom/Me" Monday: You're familiar with this. I'll write a letter to Monkey, or someone/something else.

Tasty Tuesday: I will tell you about a favorite meal of mine, or maybe something I attempted recently.

Writer Wednesday: I'll talk about my current WIP, or  some other thoughts about writing, or possibly spotlight one of my awesome writer friends.

Thankful Thursday: I'm borrowing this from my cousin-in-law, Glo. I always do better when I express gratitude, and a weekly regime for it feels like a wonderful idea.

Freaky Friday: I will tell you about something weird/annoying/scary/awesome that has happened to me in the past week... should be fun.


So, what do you think?

I think it will mean slightly shorter blog posts, which I'm okay with if you are... I also think that if y'all know what to expect, you might look forward to it more, or be more able to bring your own thoughts and comments to the table as well (if you don't already). 

Today being Writer Wednesday, I'll simply let you know that I will be throwing myself at my new WIP with a vengeance... after I get the dishes done, of course.

The ever-present-enemy... dishes...

In case you're wondering, I did get everything done yesterday, except the dishes. I seriously was able to finish ALL the laundry, get all the Christmas stuff down, and I even exercised AND played in the sprinklers with Monkey! It was an awesome day.

Q4U: What do you think of my new idea?

Thanks for Traveling :-)


- Darci - The Page Traveler - 

No comments

Back to Top