Why I Blog




This post was originally published on... crap, I lost it. Sometime in spring of 2011... 

One of my good friends, Meg, did a post recently where she went through all the reasons why she blogs.

See her post here. Seriously, go look. She's great.

I found it awesome, inspiring, and a fantastic reminder to me of some of the reasons I started a blog. So for all you who are interested, here's my blog story.

Last year, around August, we found ourselves borrowing an old broken laptop that barely worked, and picking up some neighbor's unlocked wireless internet. (They have since moved, and we now have our own... in case you were wondering.) I thought, I've always wanted to start a blog, but when I tried once before, I wasn't very good at it, and I only did a few posts. I honestly don't even remember the URL for it. I then began my personal blog, One Moment In Time... Cole Family Stories.

So, I blogged. I shared my thoughts, my family, my pictures, and lots more. Then in January, my sister-in-law introduced me to A Thomas Jefferson Education, and I began reading and wanting to record my thoughts. Not only that, but I wanted to be able to get other people's feedback on my writings as well. My sister-in-law, who I probably would have utilized for this, lives 8 hours away, so I can't exactly go visit her a few times a week to chat. And my husband, who is very smart, and I love learning from, was taking some crazy classes that gave him a workload of homework so large that we barely even saw each other, let alone had long conversations. He was always at the library doing homework, or in class. So, I started this blog, Page Traveler Tales, so that I could get others to read along with me, think, ask questions, share our thoughts, and be accountable to one another.

So far, it seems to be working. I feel like I'm learning new things all the time! Sure there are good days, and bad days, and even though I set the goal to post something new every day, it doesn't mean it's always gonna be top quality material... but I'm trying to put myself out there, share my thoughts with the world, and somehow, make a difference. In a nutshell, here are the main reasons why I blog:

For me.

For my son and my husband.

To learn.

To be heard.

For fun.

To record the amazing times we have as a family.

To make new friends.

And for you. Because if I didn't get feedback, it wouldn't make a dang bit o' difference.


I like blogging. Thanks for following.


- Darci - The Page Traveler -


P.S.
Why do YOU blog?

No comments

Back to Top