What I Mean By "Merry Christmas"

I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but I do.

"Every Knee Shall Bow" via
I've felt bombarded lately with sentiments of many people who have let the hustle and bustle of "commercial Christmas" get on their nerves, and it got me wondering why it hasn't bothered me. I know that department and retail stores use the holidays to earn back all the money they lost during the rest of the year... I know that people can be greedy and gluttonous and selfish...

but I choose to ignore it.

No matter what anyone else says or does, I know what Christmas means to me. It is a celebration of family, giving, joy, and the birthday celebration of the greatest Man who ever lived.

The video below sums it up perfectly for me.

I was in tears by the end.

You must watch it all the way through.

It is a perfect representation to me of how the light of Christ, once seen, overshadows and out-shines even the most commercial and materialistic places on earth, and how everyone needs Christ and the Christmas spirit in their lives.




Merry Christmas, Travelers.


- Darci - The Page Traveler -


P.S.
If you celebrate, what do you do to remember the true meaning of Christmas?
Also, please take a moment to share this post with your friends and family. Spread the true meaning of Christmas as far and wise as you can.

No comments

Back to Top