What the Heck am I Doing?

Remember a little while back when I wrote a post about all the cool stuff I do? Well today is kind of the opposite of that...

via
I'm going crazy.

Seriously.

Now, I could just leave it at that, but you know I won't. Because that ain't how I roll. Here today for you is a list of goals in the order in which I set them. What I'd like from you beautiful cool sexy smart people, is to tell me your opinions on how to organize goals and priorities.



First off, I should say that taking care of Monkey is always number one. Number two is taking care of Turner and our house. After that come my personal goals, which are as follows:

January 23, 2011
Goal set to read 30 books during 2011 (my widget is currently at 22, which is inaccurate... I'm actually at 24. More if you count reading scriptures, which I might).

April 12, 2011
Goal set to post something here on PTT every day, Monday thru Friday.

August...
Goal set to finish first draft of Sight before Sept 30th.
DONE.

October...
Goal set to write 50,000 words of a brand new novel during the 30 days of November.
(NaNoWriMo) I should mention that I am not going to be crazy serious about this one... I wanted to participate, so I am. If I don't finish, it won't be the end of the world.

October 28, 2011
Goal set to finish reading the Book of Mormon by Thanksgiving... (that means reading ten pages a day, or for about 30 minutes, and I'm already 2.5 days behind).


So there they are: my personal goals. Obviously in that too I want to polish and edit my first draft, which I have been doing, but there's no deadline on that... and I want to be sane. Which seems counter productive when I look at all the new goals I've set.

Here's the thing... I set the goal to finish the Book of Mormon because I thought that I could just count each book (Alma, Helaman, etc... not Fourth Nephi though...) as books toward my reading goal. Now, if I do that, I'm totally good, because I don't have to worry about reading anything else. But there are SO many books I want to read!

GAH!
>pulls hair<

So my question for you is, do I prioritize these in the order in which they were set? That's what I've been doing... reading, blogging, writing... how do you prioritize goals?


Goals and Gah's...

Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top