Love Me, Letter 9


It's time for "Love, Me" Monday!

Write a little note to the noun of your choice, (person/place/thing) and post it on your blog.

Then leave a link to your letter here in the comments! Start the week off with a little love...


Pre-Script: this letter may contain TMI for some... 
hey, it's my baby.





Dear Monkey,


*sigh*


These past few weeks you have learned how to make elephant and duck noises, and have started signing "pacifier", or as we call it, your plug...


You have successfully learned how to say "Go!" when we're leaving the house to play or drive somewhere...


You have very recently mastered the art of saying, "No," to something we offer you that you don't want...


Also, I don't know what you ate recently, but you've been releasing floodgates of poo lately, which has made your poor little bum all red and rashy... it hurts me to see you in pain, especially when there's very little I can do about it, or when I have to hurt you before I can help you feel better...


(i.e. wipe the poo off - which hurts like the dickens on a rashy bum - before I can put lavender oil and calamine powder on it to soothe the owie-ness)


It's times like this when I wonder how Heavenly Father did it... sorry, that was a big jump, I hope you followed me. I guess if I knew there was a purpose to your pain, I might be able to endure it better. I just hate having to be the one who watches you squirm and writhe in pain and know that I have to cause you more before I can make it easier. 


I have to admit that I am learning a great deal from you. I hope you're learning as much from me. I love you so much... all I want is for you to be happy and healthy,  and to grow up and live a good long life.


I think that's what any parent would want for their child.


I am so grateful for you.


Love, Mom...


P.S.
Last week, another friend of mine lost two children to heaven. She was 38 weeks pregnant, and the little girl was stillborn. When birthed, they also found a ten-week fetus that had not been reclaimed by mama's body. 


My heart breaks for that family.


As much as I want to be pregnant with another little life, I find myself gripped by fear that something like that could happen to me. I can't imagine losing a child so early. I can hardly stand watching the one I have be in pain.


So, to all of you who have children, whether through birth or adoption, please, I beg of you, cherish them. Hold them every second you can. Touch them, teach them, and love them. There are so may mothers and fathers who would love to be able to do this for their children, and can't yet.


I can only console myself in the knowledge that this family was sealed, and that they will have their sweet children again in the eternities.


Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
-John 11:25


P.P.S.
My apologies for such a weepy-ish post today, I've been rather weepy all weekend, and needed to vent a little. I hope you don't mind :-/

No comments

Back to Top