Love Me Letter 1

Today, I'm doing something different.

A new twist on an old tradition, Love Mom Monday is also, but not always, Love Me Monday. Today I'm writing a letter to someone who is not Monkey, and I'm definitely not their mom. So join with me in sharing the love you have for those around you... write a love note to someone, and start the week off right. Then comment here, and leave me a link to your letter (if you post it), because I'd love to hear all about the people you love! - PT

Yesterday was a very special day at the Page Household... Turner turned twenty-seven. My birthday of the same number isn't far off, but in honor of his special day, I wanted to take a moment and publicly write to him.


My Darling Turner,

Thank you for being so much for me. You are not only a loving husband, but an amazing father, a good friend, a strong priesthood holder, and a devoted servant of God. I have been so blessed to have you as my husband. You see through me in ways no one else ever could... or at least never said if they did. :-) You joke with me and tease me, which sometimes I don't like so much, but I want you to know I'd much rather have a husband who can laugh than one who can't or won't. Just thinking of you makes me smile. You work so hard at your job and at school to make a better life for us, and I am very grateful to you for every moment of it. We do miss you at home, but we know the reason, and that makes it all better.

This December will be four years that we've been married. Wow! I won't say that the "honeymoon is over" as some often do, but we have definitely had our feet firmly planted to the ground in the time we've had together. I only hope we can continue to let our hearts and heads be among the clouds; dreaming and looking forward to the good that is ours to claim. I love dreaming with you, knowing that whatever comes to us in this life will be ours to share together. Whatever trials come, we will face them as one. Whatever blessings we receive, we can rejoice in them for each other.
These years with you have been the best of my life. I have gained weight, lost weight, kept the house clean, let it be dirty, gotten dressed up, stayed in pajamas, changed, grown, and loved you through it all... and you've loved me. Forgive me for those rare times when my fear gets the better of me. I know that you love me, and I know you love Monkey. Over the next many years, I look forward to you and I growing even closer together than we are now.

Watching you this weekend has reminded me what an incredible man I married. You are charitable, kind, generous, forgiving, calm, happy and so many other amazing things. You mean so much more to me than you will ever know.

I am the luckiest woman in the world to have you as my husband, partner, companion, lover, friend, eternal companion.

Thank you, and happy birthday.

Love,

Me

No comments

Back to Top