Goooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!

First off, I'd like to make a disclaimer that I am not a competitive jerk.
I just think Despair.com is funny... and usually correct.
Source

So, Goals.

I set a goal to finish the first draft of my book by September 30th.

I did it.

I set a goal a few weeks ago to go running at least three times a week.

I've done that.

I set a goal in... March I think... to post something on this blog for at least a year.

So far, so good.



But I set a goal in January to read 30 books this year, and I've fallen seriously behind. I have to read twelve books in the next twelve weeks.

Luckily, I have an awesome friend who said, "Well that's easy. Just read a bunch of children's books."

I think she's brilliant. Children's books (classic children's books) are actually quite insightful. Take The Chronicles of Narnia, for example. Jack made all sorts of allusions to the story of Christ's atonement in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And I love it. Remember that little book, The Wishing Tree that I told you about? It teaches kids to help where they can, trust where others wouldn't, and go on an adventure. This awesome friend of mine gave me a couple of suggestions, and I came up with a few of my own. Here are some...

Wind in the Willows
Winnie the Pooh
Encyclopedia Brown
Nancy Drew
The Babysitter's Club

Any other ideas? I'd appreciate all the help I can get. I'll also be throwing in a few short stories and poems from a literary anthology we have, so that'll round it out too.

What's your favorite classic children's book?


Goals and Good Reads,

Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top