Thank You Fail

I really hope I'm not the only one who's bad at this...

Seriously... I suck at writing thank-you cards.

We had a really clever plan for our wedding, we took a picture of Turner and I holding a big sign that said "Thank you!" and made a bunch of copies of it so we could just send it out as a post card.

I think the copies of that picture are sitting in a box...

... in storage.

Yeah, I suck.

It's not that I'm not grateful, I really truly am! I'm just not good at the whole formal note-writing thing... and you want to hear something really funny? As I was searching for an image to *borrow* for this post, I came across a website that literally s-p-e-l-l-e-d o-u-t how to write a thank-you-note. It said this:

"If you are wondering how to write a thank you note, focus on the timing. People generally expect a thank-you note after giving a gift, and, if a thank-you note is not received, the recipient is considered rude."

Seriously? Now I feel terrible...

Then I made a huge effort to do it for Monkey's baby shower. I figured I failed once, I wouldn't do it again!. We made sure to write down who gave us what, and I went out and bought the note cards.

I believe they too are sitting in a box in storage.

UHG!

Why can't I do this!

I mean, how hard is it to sit down and write some thank you's? It seems so easy!

You know what I think it is? The postage.


The thought of spending all that money on a bunch of little stamps seems ridiculous...


Or maybe it's the addresses... in fact, just last night I went to a bridal shower where, right inside the door, they had a little table of blank, empty envelopes and a little sign asking everyone to please write their name & address on an envelope and leave it in the basket... Why didn't I think of this?!?!?

*sigh*

As a result, I would like to take a moment to put it out there:

THANK YOU!!!!!

To all our family and friends who came to my bridal shower, to our wedding reception, and to the baby shower, and gave us all kinds of wonderful things! We are blessed to have incredible people in our lives, and I wish I could have been better at thanking each individual personally. I know there are probably some out there who think I'm a terrible person for not sending out thank-you-cards; who think I'm just selfish or greedy or whatever....

Well, it's been THREE AND A HALF YEARS since our wedding, and Turner said sending out thank-you's at this point would just be dumb.

SO! Since I can't do that, thank you.

Everyone.

Thanks for traveling today! Please pass this post along to anyone you know who came to our wedding, or other events, that doesn't read this blog... I'd appreciate it if they knew we really DO care.


Insults and failures,

Page Traveler

P.S.
Please tell me you've failed at something like this? 
I really don't want to be alone anymore...


And if today is your first visit, make sure you click on one of those brightly-colored-buttons on the top-right so you can travel with us!

No comments

Back to Top