A Real Anniversary

Twenty-eight years ago today, two of the most important people in my life, began their life together. Today is my parent's anniversary. I feel like we just celebrated our un-iversary. But hey, celebrations make life all the better, right? So in their honor, I'll show you a few pictures of them and our family over the years... (courtesy of all our facebook accounts).



This is my parents on their wedding day...



They really look so happy, and it makes me happy to know how much they loved each other then...

and even happier to know  how much they love each other now.




This is a Polaroid I found of my mom. I don't know what year it was taken, but It's most likely before their wedding. She's an amazing and beautiful woman. I've learned a lot from her about how to be a good mom. I'm sure she'll join me in hoping that I'll be able to do the good things she did, and avoid the not so good.

I think that's probably the wish of any mother, that her children will be, do, and have better than themselves...


This is a photo of the day I was born.

I now know the feelings they felt this day. Having your first child, and (I would imagine) every child after, is such an emotional, spiritually connecting experience.

I can still remember having little Monkey placed on my chest after he was born, and looking up at Turner to see his eyes filled with tears. Parenthood is such a thrill, it's no wonder God gave us the ability to have babies.




family, 1992

This is our family in 1992.

I'm the oldest, then my sister is two-and-a-half years younger than me, and my brother three years younger than her.

My parents made pretty cute kids, don't you think?

Turner always says that Monkey looks like my brother... hmmm

What do you think?




family, 1995






My family in 1995... my dad has gone from beard to no beard and back many a time over the years...

And check out the 90's style star backdrop there... totally rad, right?




family + Turner, 2007


NOT.







EDIT!

And eight years after my little brother was born, ANOTHER little brother came along! And then ANOTHER little sister!

I love having a sibling still in elementary school... it always throws people off.






my wedding, 2007



And this is my daddy and I , dancing at my wedding reception.

My dad loves hunting, so we got him a camo-dress-vest to wear. He wore the colored one in all the family pictures, but then switched to this one for the rest of the time.

I love my daddy.




Monkey born, 2009 




And of course, the final great accomplishment of any happily married couple: becoming a grandparent for the first time.

This was the night Monkey was born, and my mom and dad were so happy to meet him... as you can see.

I hope that Turner and I can share the same happiness in the future. I love my parents, and I'm grateful to have them in my life.



Lastly, this is a photo of my dad, with Monkey.

I was so mad that night... Monkey was probably 7 or 8 months old, and my dad fed him a store-bought red velvet cupcake, complete with frosting.

It made for a cute picture, and of course now we laugh about it, but poor little Monkey was on a sugar rush the whole way home, and screamed from his car seat the entire time! It was sad...

But still a cute picture.


**Thanks Mom and Dad. Happy Anniversary!**

Thanks to you all for traveling with me today!

Page Traveler


Questions: Are your parents married? Whether they are or not, what are some traits or habits they have that you hope to continue with your children? What are some things you hope not to repeat?

No comments

Back to Top