Love Mom, Letter 13

Welcome to the 13th edition of Love, Mom Monday! Consider yourself invited to participate in the tradition. You don't have to be a mom to participate. Just write a letter to someone you love. It could be your spouse, a friend, a neighbor, a sibling, grandparent, etc. But take the challenge. Write a letter, and spread the love. Heaven knows we could do with more.


Rules:


1. Post the letter (on your blog or FB, or wherever).
2. Comment here with a link to your letter.
3. Comment on the person's post who posted before you, to spread the love.

Although this was taken in June,
this is how Monkey was feeling most of yesterday :-(
Dear Monkey,

Why are Sundays always so hard for you?

There's something you need to learn - and fast. If you are hurt, or hungry, or need a diaper change or something of that nature, I can understand a small amount of crying; especially as you don't use words yet. But if you are taken care of in all those respects and start scream-crying just so I'll let you watch tv, or draw, or go outside, you can bet that it ain't gonna happen until you calm yourself down and ask politely. You already know how to say 'please' and how to point at the things you want, so this is nothing new to you.

Any time you start to scream (usually because you're tired) you'll either get put in time-out, or sent to your room. You can get as mad and angry as you want when you're by yourself. But that attitude is not to be taken out on other people, including me.

I love you dearly little boy, and it makes me sad when you cry and scream instead of going to sleep. I've tried everything to help you calm down, but it seems there is nothing more I can do. Your diaper is fresh, you've eaten, you've gotten a drink, and I've even given you essential oils and a little medicine for your teeth. Please, son... calm down, lay still, and go to sleep.

I love you, and I'll do everything I can to help you be calm and happy.

Love,

Mom

P.S.
Have you ever just had a bad day? I had one on Friday, and I was lucky enough to have some amazing friends help me out. What do you do to feel better on a bad day?

No comments

Back to Top