Today Is The Day...


It's the day we've been waiting ten years for.

Ever since the Boy Wizard discovered his true beginnings on screen.


It All Ends Here.





Tonight at midnight, millions will be sitting in various theaters throughout the nation, awaiting that haunting refrain we've come to know so well...


>>> dat-daaa, da-dat-daaa, dat daaaaa, daaaaaaa....<<<

(Props to John C. Williams for that bad boy.)



And then the familiar logo, with the lightening bolt  in the center draws nearer, and below it, these words:

"Deathly Hallows Part 2".



I'll tell you this, you can definitely expect a review from me on here. I'm sure there will be things they've done that I won't like, but I hope to be relatively satisfied. They have done a pretty good job of them so far, I can't see it failing to impress.

It's gonna be epic.

Will you be joining in the fun? Grab your wand and wizard's hat, (along with some muggle money) and go get yourself a ticket - if they haven't sold out already... I know our showing probably has.

Here's a quick run-down of my opinions on the past Potter films:

Sorcerer's Stone: Chris Columbus was the director of this one, and he did a great job of establishing the Wizarding World. He cast the perfect adults, and, let's face it, did the best he could with the kids. Dan, Emma, and Rupert have definitely had to grow into their characters over the years.

Chamber of Secrets: Also directed by Columbus. The kids were a bit better at acting in this one. We see more of the castle, the forest, and of the teachers. LOVE Kenneth Branagh as Lockhart. He was perfect.

Prisoner of Azkaban: Directed by Alfonso Cuarón, this one was much darker than the first two. Being my second favorite of the seven books, I can't say I'm totally pleased with how they adapted it, but they did have all the important elements, so it worked. The three kids had kind of come into their own a bit more, so the acting was much more raw and sincere, but not necessarily better yet.

Goblet of Fire: Directed by the first British director, Mike Newell, this one was bound to be a slight disappointment. The book is HUGE, so you just can't do everything. Luckily, there were enough side-stories they could take out, and still have the spine of the story, that it turned out ok. This is probably my least favorite of all the movies, because Michael Gambon was made to act like a real "British boarding school" headmaster. But if you've read the books, you know that Dumbledore is NOT like that. He was not like that in Azkaban, and he shouldn't have been that way in this one. It was mainly Gambon's performance that made this movie so distressing to watch for me. I also didn't really like who they cast as Voldy - Ralph Finnes. He's okay, but not as scary as I wanted him to be.

Order of the Phoenix: The first of four directed by David Yates, this movie was done very well. Imelda Staunton being cast as Umbridge was absolutely perfect. She wasn't as ugly as I picture her when I read her, but her behavior greatly made up for that! She was SO hate-able. And that made the movie what it was. The Three kids had finally come into their characters in such a way that they seemed so natural in everything they did. Very well done.

Half Blood Prince: This is my favorite of all the books, because we learn so much about Tom Riddle, get to spend lots of time with Dumbledore, and Harry finally hooks up with Ginny. It makes me happy. Also directed by Yates, This was a great little "romantic comedy" to lighten the mood before the next movie; the calm before the storm. I loved the gal they cast as Lavender, and the kid they got for Cormac. You just end up not liking either of them :-). The casting of Jim Broadbent as Professor Horace Slughorn was, at first, not my favorite. But he's grown on me. Slughorn in the books is described as being HUGE-ly fat. We're talking Uncle Vernon size. And Broadbent just isn't that big. Though I must say that his portrayal of the character was spot-on. I like him now.

Deathly Hallows Part 1: Again, directed by Yates (who I really admire for his stamina, it must have been so exhausting to direct four films back-to-back like he did...) this film was done fairly well. I loved how well Rupert and Emma's acting had improved, though I wasn't quite as impressed with Dan. He did great in HBP, not as great in this one. He is fantastic when it comes to comedy, but the serious stuff just isn't his strong point. The part I really did not like, was the locket scene, where they showed Harry and Hermione embracing and they looked naked. It says nothing about that in the book, and I felt that they could have made it plenty seductive without making them look nude. Other than that bit, it was done very well, I thought.

And tonight, I will watch Deathly Hallows Part 2 (again, directed by David Yates) at midnight. I may or may not be able to post on time tomorrow morning, but I will post something, at some point, tomorrow.

Thanks for traveling!

Page Traveler

P.S. Do you agree with my reviews? Are you excited to see the last chapter of the Harry Potter story?
Thanks for putting up with my craziness. I love this world, if only because it's just so fun. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment or send me an email, I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments

Back to Top