"Love, Mom" Letter 2

Dear J boy,

You are so funny!

Learn this lesson now: life is a roller coaster.
Especially when you're only 18 months old.

I didn't know this, but I sure do now.

I'm so proud of you for being reverent during church yesterday, and for playing nicely with the other kids in the nursery.

I'm so sorry that you didn't sleep well over at the grandparent's house, but I think that was mostly your own fault, because you did choose to climb out of the play pen, and you know that you haven't learned how to get back in yet (HUGE surprise, that one was, he's never climbed out before...)

I have loved watching you this week. You're so smart! You've started jabbering more, and you're getting very good at whisper-jabbering when we tell you it's time to be quiet.

Also, I know you can't really see the use of actually talking (like using words and stuff), but I promise that, as you did with walking, you'll find that it does come in handy. Communication is kind of a big thing as far as relating to people and such. No, really! You won't always be able to smile and laugh and have people take care of you. Well, I guess there are some people who do that, but they are called moochers. You don't want to be like that. You should want to express yourself - your opinions and your thoughts - through your speech. No rush or anything, I'm just explaining the benefits of it. You'll figure it out in your own time.

Your father and I love you, very much. I can't believe that you've been with us for so long already. Sometimes it seems like only a minute, and other times it's hard to imagine life without you. I still remember you being so little, and now you're getting bigger every day! I know you'll grow up to do great things. Thanks for being so cool. It's a lot of fun having you around.

Love,

Mom

No comments

Back to Top