Girl's Night

--And now for a random Saturday post.
Enjoy, this won't happen very often!--

I'm not what you'd call a girly-girl.

In high school, I never did my hair the "cute" way.

I never really learned the best way to put make-up on.

And I'm definitely not fashionable clothing-wise...


But, every girl need a girl's night out sometimes.

I took one a couple weeks ago with my friend Lisa, and took another on Friday.

For some reason, I'd been wanting a pedicure lately. So I posted about it on Facebook, and my friend Erica, from Good Job Momma, said she wanted one too! So off we went. (Erica is hilarious, by the way, you should give her site a peek and definitely follow. And hey, she's judging Blogger Idol 2011!!! )

The last time (and prior to this, only time) I got a pedi was when I was 8 months pregnant with my little boy. And I definitely needed it at that point, what with my sausage-swelled-feet.

This time, I didn't necessarily need it, but my husband was kind enough to let me take $20 and splurge.

It was fun! I'm glad I had a friend there too, because those scrubbers tickle so BAD!

And here is the final result:

I know... bad quality pic.

I'm not the best photographer in the world, so sue me.


I just wish you could see the color. It looks so much cooler in person! It's like, a shimmery, burnt red. It looks too orange here.


Today, I am grateful for cute toes.


Fun night! I think a regular girl's night is a good idea for all girls/women/wives/mothers etc. If you don't do a regular girl's night out, I recommend you start one.

Ladies - do you have a girl's night out? What do you like to do?

Men - what do you think? Do women need time to themselves? Do men? My husband never needs a guys night, so I'd love to hear what you think?


Til Monday,

Darci - The Page Traveler

EDIT:

And here are Erica's pretty toes!

No comments

Back to Top