Day 8: Awkward Obsessions

What does that mean?

Seriously. Because I'm not sure how I should respond.

"Awkward Obsessions"?

Does constantly searching online for the perfect home count as awkward? That's definitely an obsession of mine. Here's one of my favorites:


Isn't she a beauty?


I love imagining myself living in a house like this. I know I will someday. It's hard to look forward to something so awesome when you're current circumstances are so much less, but I try. I know we'll get there. 

Do the Harry Potter books count as an awkward obsession? If so, I definitely qualify... I mean, I don't go out and play (or even watch) Muggle Quidditch, but I DO attend the midnight showings with no shame whatsoever.

On that same subject (I think I've found what some would consider my Awkward Obsession...), we have all 7 HP books on Audio (the american recording, read by the awesomely British, Jim Dale) and so, I listen to them on a very regular basis.

While falling asleep...

While cleaning the house (especially while doing dishes)...

While driving...

While running (or walking, as of late)...

While doing just about anything.

Yes. And the funny thing is, I still hear new things every time through. I'm just starting book 6 at the mo', getting through all of them before the p-a-r-t-y that I'm throwing here in a few weeks.

But I have to say, it's only an awkward obsession when I'm talking about it with people for whom it is not. Which makes sense. If we both have the same awkward obsession, then it's not awkward to either of us, right?

Right.

What's your awkward obsession? Do we share one?


Darci - The Page Traveler











Sorry... couldn't resist ;-)

No comments

Back to Top