Day 3: Movies I Wish I'd Never Seen

The original question was
"Worst Movie You Ever Saw"

This one is weird for me, and here's why: I'm a sucker for movies. I mean, no matter how poorly done a movie is, I generally enjoy it. My husband could tell you 4 or 5 movies that I like, that he thinks are just plain dumb because of poor acting, direction, cinematography, etc. I can tell you when those things are bad too, right after seeing a film, but those kind of movies don't stick in my memory.

So the question is, define "worst". For me, "worst movie" means the movies that stand out to me as horrible experiences; movies that have left a scar on my brain; images or stories that I'd rather not have seen, or that have given me nightmares. I definitely have a few of those.


1. The Other Boelyn Girl




If you haven't seen it, please don't bother. For those that have, I hope you'll understand my aversion for it. It was a well-put-together movie, and the acting was great, but I turned it off halfway through and never finished it. I was completely disgusted. To this day, when I think about it I can't get certain images out of my head. I seriously wish I'd never watched it.










2. A Beautiful Mind




So, I was okay while watching this, and I finished it feeling just fine. But afterward, I literally couldn't sleep for two nights.

If you're okay dealing with mental hallucinations, then you really should see this movie. It's a great story, and Russel Crowe is fantastic. But I will never watch it again. I was so freaked out by it. I have an extensive imagination, so things like this  really get to me and I start wondering if I'm seeing things that aren't real. So, for me, this was a bad, bad movie to watch.







3. Ghost Rider





I love Nicholas Cage. I think he's an awesome actor, and seems to be a great guy. But this is another one that I had to stop watching halfway through. The image here that made me turn away, was a digital transformation of a human guy into an undead devil thing. To be honest, I'm usually okay with stuff like that, but I was watching it at night, and I think I was pregnant at the time and having weird dreams anyway, so it gave me the creeps. This one wasn't as bad as the others. I'll probably try to watch it again at some point.






So there you go! Three movies that I really wish I'd never seen.

Of course, they're all "good" movies, as in great acting, wonderful plot lines, awesome effects, costumes, etc... But my definition of "worst" means "bad experience", and all three of these were, for the reasons I gave, bad experiences.


Darci - The Page Traveler


P.S. Do you agree? Did you really like these movies? Do you have any movies that you wish you'd never seen?


EDIT: I thought of another one!

The Prestige

AMAZING actors, two of my favorites, in fact, which is why I saw it...

Creep-tacular... never want to see this again... ever...

No comments

Back to Top