Night Out

Last night, I went "out".

A friend of ours was having a hard time on Saturday, and asked me if I'd go for a girl's night sometime soon. So, we set it up for Monday. We went, not really knowing where we'd go. It was fun! We ended up going to Olive Garden for dinner (ohmygosh, I got a cherry Italian cream soda, and it tasted JUST like a cherry Icee, it was so good!), and then walked around the mall for an hour or so, just talking. We didn't even go into any stores. For the last little bit we just chilled in one of the little sitting areas there that had a nice little waterfall/pond thing going on. It was a great night. We didn't get drunk, we didn't go crazy, we didn't spend lots of money... We just got away for a few hours, and had fun, intelligent conversation about life and other things.

For those who are married, or significantly attached, whether you have children or not. Don't you agree, it's nice to get away for a while? Not for a week, or even a day, but just a few hours. After the initial "honeymoon" phase wears off, of course. I mean, I love my husband, and I love my son. I love being a mother and wife. But for us, having only one car, I generally can't go anywhere unless I get a ride. And while my husband was in school, I really didn't go anywhere. He was either at work or in class, so I was always at home. Now that it's summer, it's really nice to be able to get out of the house every now and then, even together! We'll go to the park, the gym, the mall, you name it. And since this friend of mine needed a night out, I went. And it was nice.

Grateful for Italian sodas and intelligent conversation,

Darci - The Page Traveler

P.S.
Do you find that having time to yourself makes you a calmer person? Does it help you re-focus? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. And if you have time to do me the favor of sharing this post, it would really help me out. Thanks all!

No comments

Back to Top