Learning New Eats...

For most of my life, I didn't really like learning new things, unless it had to do with music or dancing. But in the past year, and really in the last six months, I've found myself interested in just about anything I can get  my hands on. I went through a phase where I read pregnancy and baby books (I was pregnant, so it made sense), then I cooked new and exciting meals every night for a  couple weeks, there were a few months when I wanted to sew and craft and make cute things for Christmas, and the last few months where I've been reading all the books I could.

But, my book-reading phase seems to be slowing down... I'm pushing through it, but at the same time, I've been getting back into an old one...

For the past week or so, I have been making delicious meals.

I'm learning a lot.

Do you know what a roux is?
I didn't, but I do now!

Here's a list of my recent culinary accomplishments, in no particular order
(just so you don't think I've been wasting my time with meanwhile things like laundry or dishes... heaven forbid...)





Black Bean Soup which I did with dried beans. I probably should have soaked them more, but it turned out very yummy anyway.

Lighter Chicken Broccoli Alfredo My husband absolutely loves Alfredo sauce, and this was a pretty easy recipe for a homemade version. It's healthier, and costs WAY less than the jars at the store. I did this one with angel hair pasta (husband's favorite), chicken, and mushrooms. It turned out amazing...


Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets I couldn't find whole wheat breadcrumbs, but I did find the Panko stuff, so I just used that and threw in some Italian seasoning. I left them in the over a bit too long, so they were a little dry, but they still tasted great. And now I know for next time to take them out earlier.


Sweet and Sour Chicken It tasted a lot like Panda Express's Orange Chicken, and was Husband's favorite meal of the week. And since he's not a big fan of rice (which makes me really sad sometimes, because I practically lived on it for a while...) I made it along with this:




Panda Express Chow Mein It didn't taste anything like it, but it was still good.






Then, last night, I made this yummy Pasta with Asparagus. I also added chicken, because I love chicken. It needed more salt, but once we added more, it was perfect.


So, I'm gonna take it easy for a few days, and get some housework and reading done. I'm making progress on A Tale of Two Cities, but I want to read a little further than I have before I post again. My next mealtime adventure will be this Friday night. We're having guests, so I'll be making:



Baked Chicken Parmesean
mmmmmmmmm..... Looks good, 'eh?

Thanks for following, thanks for your comments, and thanks for sharing!

You are definitely cool kids.

Until we eat meet again,

Darci- The Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top