A Tale of Two Cities: Comedy

Yay! I read two and a half chapters!
*Warning, this post contains a quote from the book, but it doesn't give anything away.*

Not much, but still... I was a little confused when I started the second 'book', because there's a big time difference between the two. I met a new character though, Mr. Cruncher. He's funny, and a little odd. But a remark about him make me laugh harder than I have so far in this book! Here it is, for your enjoyment:

"The scene was Mr. Cruncher's private lodging... on a windy March morning, Anno Domini seventeen hundred and eighty. (Mr. Cruncher himself always spoke of the year of our Lord as Anna Dominoes: apparently under the impression that the Christian era dated from the invention of a popular game, by a lady who had bestowed her name upon it.)"

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! The wording is absolutely perfect!

I had to share that one with the husband, and he laughed too. I was glad to have met a character that can provide some comic relief, for sure. After meeting him, the story progressed to a courtroom trial. That's where I am right now. The way Dickens writes this, you have to pay very close attention or you might miss something and get lost. I am very much enjoying the book. Even though time keeps getting away from me, I have read some great reviews about it, so I'm determined to keep going.

Short post for today, so if you have some time please go to yesterday's post and do the activity there. I only got one person's responses, and I'd really like as many as I can get. 

Plus, if you have a favorite post I would love you forever if you could share it on facebook or twitter. That would help me a lot.

Anna Dominoes,

Darci- The Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top