Harry Potter... Wandlore

Hi kids! Today's post has no "thoughts" per se, but it is gonna be fun...

We (that is, my husband, son, and I) are going up into the mountains of Arizona to study...


Wenge 16 and 3/4 inches


~~~~Wandlore~~~~


That's right, we make wands. We're not Ollivander or anything (he still makes 'em the best), but I think we have quite the edge on Gregorovich at least...

For those of you who may not know (honestly, how can you not know...) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is being released this July...

(WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!)


...and we make and sell wands up until the very moment the movie begins right at midnight.

2 Wenge, and one Alder
We did this at the Half blood Prince release, as well as the Deathly Hallows Part 1 release, and it was a HUGE hit with people, so we decided to do it again!

The pictures you see here are of wands we and my father-in-law have made in the past. If you want a wand of your own, let me know!

I know you're wondering...Yes, you can get them online from the retailers at that-one-site, but let me spell out the disadvantages of that for you...


1. What kind of wand do you want?

THEM: they ONLY sell copies of the character's wands, so yeah, you can get Hermione's or Harry's wand or whoever, but what you won't get, is an original.

US - None of the wands we make are exactly the same. Some of them look similar, sure, but each is make from a different piece of wood, carved or sanded individually. We have a lot of fun making these bad boys :-)
Cherry, 16 inches

2. Materials...

THEM: Their wands are made of plastic... yep, that's right, plastic, poured into a mold with a metal rod in the middle. We learned this when my husband accidentally dropped one of ours and the tip cracked off, revealing the steel. You know what I say to that? Lame-o. This also makes their wands VERY heavy, and (in my opinion,) rather difficult for spellwork... You know, you try to wave it around and stuff, and it's just really weighed down. But hey, some people might like that...

US: All of our wands are made of WOOD. You know, like the real things are? Yeah. And various types of wood. See, my father-in-law is a carpenter (Mike Cole, Moqui LLC, he does uh-ma-zing work) so he always has lots of wood! Whether it's left over from previous projects, or he gets it just to make wands! One of my favorite woods is Wenge, a dark wood from an African tree, but we also have stuff like Cherry, Pine, Alder, Oak, and more! (Note, he's also been experimenting lately with a granite-like material called Corian, it looks pretty cool, just a bit heavier than your average wooden wand.)

Wenge,.This is MY wand, that
I made for myself. I love it...

3. Price $$$

THEM: They charge at LEAST $28.50 PER WAND PLUS shipping! And that's for the wands that people don't usually want... the cooler ones start at $35 and go up from there. And if you want a wand that's not sold individually, you HAVE to get it in a SET that can cost anywhere from $145 to $285.


US: Our wands are only $15 each up until the night of the release, then they go to $20 (just because it's really hard to give out change to that many people... trust me, we tried.) If we need to ship it to you then you pay for the shipping. You get the wand you want, at a better price. I should mention though, that our wands DO NOT come with a display case. Sorry. If you want one of those, go get one from the other guys (here).


SO! Send me a quick email (pagetraveler@gmail.com) if you want one before the midnight showing. Especially if you want one that's really specific or detailed, because we'll have to start work on it soon. I can work it out so that you can pay through PayPal, so it'll be totally secure, or if you'd rather not mess with shipping, you can come get it from us and pay even less.


Harry: "OI! There's a war goin on here!"
Ron: "I know mate, so it's now or never, isn't it?"

Darci- The Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top