Ever had one of THOSE Days?

Have you ever had one of these?

I've had one of those weeks where I'm not sick, and I'm not unhappy, and I'm not cranky, I'm just... off...

I know how the cat feels...

In other news, I'd like to wish a very happy wedding day to Prince William and Miss Catherine.

My dear friend Amy over at My Infernal Journal, is often referred to as The American Brit. Born here in the U.S. of A, she's definitely American, but she adores all things British. And when I say all, I mean AAAAAAaaaaaaalllllllllll...

For the past week or so, she's been anticipating this wedding. Her invitation must have gotten lost in the mail, because it never came. I'm sure she watched it though... even if it did happen at 3am our time...

My point in bringing that up though, was to talk about Amy. She's an amazing person, who's recently had an experience that I would not wish on anyone, no matter how much I dislike them. But through all this, she has been strong, prayerful, and faithful. Where can one turn, when nothing helps ease the pain? The only place I know of, is to God. Our Savior knows our struggles intimately. He suffered them for us, so if anyone knows how we feel in times of agony, He does.

We may believe differently, and prayer might not be high on everyone's list of priorities, but I know that there is strength to be gained when we pray. When we acknowledge a Higher Power, and submit ourselves to Him (or it, whatever you believe), He can guide us, and we will be inspired to know what to do to feel better during those hard times.

This is my testimony, having just passed the Easter season, that Jesus is The Christ, He lives. He knows us, and loves us. God is our Father in heaven, and He also loves us, as we are His children. They comfort, guide, and teach us through the Holy Ghost.

I know that Amy knows this too. This knowledge is part of the faith that got her through losing her precious Ladybug, her daughter, Ella.

I can't imagine the pain, but I know the feeling of comfort that comes after. Seeing Amy's strength gives me courage to know if that ever happens to me, it will be hard, but I will live through it.

So here's why I'm writing about Amy today. I wanted to read the scriptures, but I couldn't think of where to start, so I just started writing this post. As I wrote, her situation came to my mind. I realized that I haven't been as dedicated in reading my scriptures as I'd like to be. They are my 'National Book' so to speak. The things by which I live my life are there, in those words. For me, they are the Holy Bible, and the Book of Mormon. These books comfort me when I am in need. I am resolving to read them more often.

"Jesus said unto [her], I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live..." (The book of St. John, 11:25)


Cheers, Amy, this one's for you:
















Never let a bad day get you down ;-)


Darci- The Page Traveler

No comments

Back to Top