Are You Reading?

I have started reading The Chosen by Chaim Potok, and I'm only in the second chapter!

Aaaggghh!

I've gotta get back on the ball if I'm gonna finish by Friday...

So far, it's a great book, but I'm still waiting to feel like I'm really into it, ya know? The style is so different from that of AoGG's author. It's not bad, just very different. Plus there are a lot (like, a LOT) of words that I have to look up, because it talks about Jewish customs and stuff, which I know very little about. It's been educational in that sense at least :-)

I'll let you know more when I get further into it.

Reading away,

The Page Traveler

2 comments

  1. Keep it up! It just gets better and better and better...I found the baseball scene a little "Sandlot-ish" at first, but it turns out to add a beautiful thematic element to the book. Yay for your reading choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lily! I agree on the sandlot-ish-ness of that scene, it kind of creeped me out a little. But I'm excited to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top